Author Topic: WOOD BURNING COOKING STOVE  (Read 10971 times)

ktac

• View Profile
WOOD BURNING COOKING STOVE
« on: October 25, 2003, 07:42:54 pm »
mY  gRAND MOTHER PASSED AWAY RECENTLY AND IN HER BASEMENT I FOUND A WOOD BURNING COOKING STOVE MADE BY OAKLAND FOUNDRY CO. BELLEVILLE ILL. (HEATING APPLIANCES FOR HOME FOLKS) 393. DOES ANYONE HAVE A IDEA ABOUT HOW MUCH THIS IS WORTH?

peter9985

• View Profile
Re: WOOD BURNING COOKING STOVE
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:46:23 am »
Hi, This is Peter. Wood burning cooking stoves are old model and will lot pollution. As the smoke coming when they burn will show lot of effects on the atmosphere. This could lead to deforestation. I suggest people not to do these kind of things which could well effect in future a lot. For details on cooking.....
________
Peter

Cooking

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 02:52:32 am »
Some pictures of your stove would help.  Prices on eBay are all over the board.  A lot, of course, depends upon condition, size and how fancy any nickeled (if any) parts there are.  Simple, all black iron kitchen cooking stoves in good/useable condition range anywhere from $500 on up.  The only problem with these is the weight.  Most come apart with the bolts holding them together and can be crated or put on a skid.  If I had the room I would love to have one.  And yes, I would use it!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 03:02:54 am »
ktac, its value depends on its condition, style and how fancy it is (such as lots of nickel trim). Condition meaning broken or missing parts. A wire brush and a can of Stove Black should make it shine like a new penny.

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 03:18:41 am »
HA, and it warned me a new post had been added while I wasa thinking about mine.

Right on Railman44.

I had one in the 70's, during my 2nd life, and reconditioned 4 or 6 others and sold them. Mine was a McGee Grand I believe and I think I have a picture of it somewhere. If you like I will post it if I can find it.

I foud it. Not a great picture but ......

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 03:46:42 am by cogar »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 05:24:15 pm »
If you can please post.  The old word burning are wonderful!  I agree with all the info that the others posted.  They are still highly collectible and widely used today!  You really need to get more details/pics because it can made $$$$ difference in value!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

railman44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 06:46:59 pm »
Here's my rr caboose stove.  It's an Estate No 240 with the vents still in nice nickel polish.  In fact the entire stove is almost minty.  Found it on eBay a few years ago. 

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 07:01:23 pm »
Nice Stove Railman!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Teardustall4u

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »
What is this worth?

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 05:02:42 am »
Give it a coat of Stove Black and then put a picture on Craigs List with a price of "$450 or best offer" ..... and then you will know what its worth.