Author Topic: Lenci Madonna figurines  (Read 2970 times)

Blessed

• View Profile
Lenci Madonna figurines
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:54:27 pm »
Hello all!
New here to the forums...hoping you all can help me out!  :)

I have acquired (from passing down from my late grandmother) a group of Lenci figurines. I have attempted to find them online, but unfortunately have not found anything like the ones in my possession. Part of me hopes that is a good thing lol.  ;)
I have more figurines then these two I am providing pictures of, however I have not photographed them as of yet.
One is of the Madonna and child, the other I believe is the Madonna alone. I have attached pictures of the bottoms...they are numbered and signed.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

This statue is numbered 1017
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 09:56:41 pm by Blessed »

Blessed

• View Profile
Re: Lenci Madonna figurines
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 09:55:53 pm »
Here is the second statue ...it is numbered 700
(Sorry about the second post...it wouldnt allow enough room for my pictures.)  ;D

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »
Am not quite sure what your question is....but you do have some very collectible pieces - emotionally and $$$$.  The values will only continue to rise on them!

Lenci was founded  by Enrico and Helen (Elena) König Scavini in 1919 producing ceramic dolls.  In 1928 they started producing ceramics in order to save the company after the war and boost sales.  The company stopped making ceramics in 1964 when they returned to making dolls exclusively.  Some of the most prized (and priceless) ceramic pieces produced by Lenci are nude figurines.  IN addition to making ceramic nudes and Madonnas they produced wall art/masks, vases and lidded ceramic vessels. 

Recently a Lenci Madonna painted in a black veil sold for $799.00 at EBay-UK!

Unfortunately....th ey seem to be selling at higher $$$ in Europe than the US. 
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Blessed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 10:22:37 am »
Thank you for your response KC!

I do have one in a black veil! She is holding a large black bowl/vessel in front of her. I will have to get a picture of her this weekend.
I also do have one of the vessels you spoke of. I'll post up some pictures of that later tonight when I get home from work.  :D

Oh and in answer to your question.... my question mainly was what these individual pieces are worth. If anybody knew. As I said, I attempted to find out on my own but have yet to be able to as I cannot find anything similar to my pieces.