Author Topic: Value of Mahongany Dining Room Set  (Read 3725 times)

barbiegirl81

• View Profile
Value of Mahongany Dining Room Set
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:32:08 am »
Hi, can someone give me an idea of what this dining room set would be worth?  Fallon & Hellen tags are on the chairs.
Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:30:31 pm by barbiegirl81 »

barbiegirl81

• View Profile
Re: Value of Mahongany Dining Room Set
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:25:58 pm »
Ok, did I do something wrong posting this?  I see that 23 people viewed it but it is the only post on here that has not received a response...?  If I did something stupid, please let me know.  thanks, Barb

Sara Finn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:01:26 pm »
No, barbiegirl81, nothing wrong on your end.

Sometimes folks are busy with their own things, 'specially on weekends, so we have to wait awhile for some back & forth dialog/postings.

Looks like a nice set, BTW.

Oh, & welcome to the forum!
 :)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:44:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum barbiegirl.  The weekends tend to be much quieter here then throughout the week ( evenings are often quite lively). Lots of times your 'views' are guests/newer members. I've been here a bit, but still way low on the knowledge division.  Do you know any history on your pieces? Have you checked all over the underside of the table/backside and inside (including in and around drawers) of the sideboard?  Really need some kind of a light for that.......hubby caught me flat on my back with a flashlight taking pics of the underside of my raised sideboard. :D Anything and everything in the way of marks helps identify. Also, pull out the drawers and take pics of the sides, where they meet the front and back, those pics will help better determine a rough estimate of period date (again, been there - done that).

Don't give up hope, you will get some responses.....much more helpful than mine.   ;)

barbiegirl81

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 06:51:40 pm »
Thanks for the welcome and the info.  Here are some more pics that might help with identification.  Thanks again!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 08:37:33 pm »
Fallon & Hellen was a upscale furniture company. 
The store went out of business in the early 1990's.

History on the old company building which is now a private residence!
http://www.eapoe.org/balt/poelatrb.htm

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!