Author Topic: vintage silver teapot  (Read 1341 times)

peanut715

• View Profile
vintage silver teapot
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:00:50 pm »
 have recieved a teapot. it is marked mfd plated reed &barton with numbers 2626 the a number 5 stamped underneath the other numbers with a stamp with patern 1873 aug 12th applied for it is very detailed it has what loooks like a norkic ship in one side some type of birds flying on the corners the tip lid has some kind of animal sitting on it dressed in a coat of arour it is in great condition the handle has these symobls comming down the side [have to look at photo] is also decorated I was wondering if anyone knew the history or worth of this pot

ironlord1963

• View Profile
    • Ironlord's Treasure Chest
Re: vintage silver teapot
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:25:53 pm »
    Wow this sounds very interesting, Please if you could can you submit some better pics,  I really really want to see this.  Reed and Barton is a quality silverplated Co.  and is has many items available, so information is rather easy to acquire.  I'll will go look into this one.  Is there any small symbols above the Reed and Barton Logo.  They were gracious enough to date mark many items.  But please let me see some better pics, I beg I want to see this.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 04:57:57 pm »
Please retake pics and submit.  Very unusual and intrguing piece. 

You may want to try and take in a well lit room with the flash off to reduce glare.  See if that improves pics.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

peanut715

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 05:22:57 pm »
thx ill try