Author Topic: Bowl and figurine  (Read 1634 times)

danchondo

• View Profile
Bowl and figurine
« on: October 04, 2004, 02:17:59 pm »
I have a bowl with a figurine in the center , pink frosted art deco bowl and the figurine is a maxfield parish styling figurine sort of girl separate from bowl, I want more of these but what do you describe these as?   If I wanted to do a search on ebay what do you look for?
dananchondo@netzero.net<_<  

kerrybee

• View Profile
Bowl and figurine
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 12:02:14 pm »
try the category "art glass" - there's a lot there - further define as art glass bowl - see if you can find even just a bowl made in that opaque glass - I honestly can't picture the purpose of a bowl with a removable figurine unless it's strictly a decorative item - sounds very unique - and have you looked for signatures etc on base of figurine?

Best wishes, KB

ps:  this is also called satin glass as well as frosted glass.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 12:07:13 pm by kerrybee »

Dan Anchondo

Bowl and figurine
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 05:13:23 pm »
kerrybe
Ill look under art glass.  Thanks.  The figurine has holes in the small pedestal base and I think you stick flowers in it.  Its decorative.
dan

kerrybee

• View Profile
Bowl and figurine
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 11:22:31 pm »
The figurine in that case would be a very fancy "flower frog" (has nothing to do with a frog).  Sounds like a Lalique-type bowl.  Have you ruled out that maker?  Yet, you wouldn't want to overwhelm the figurine with too many flowers stuck all around her.  Any history on the piece?  Prior usage?  Can you post pics?        KB

and could she be like the pink figurine & bowl shown here?

http://www.antiqnet.com/search/search_results.jsp

or like these?

http://www.bullworks.net/ffg/engpg/pgrod/pgrod.html

you know, these are getting addictive  :rolleyes:   Could be an expensive hobby I'd better not start.   <_<   Beautiful items to have.  I understand why you would want more of 'em.    KB
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 11:43:51 pm by kerrybee »

Guest_danchondo

Bowl and figurine
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 04:09:50 pm »
Kerrybee
The whole thing could have been Lalique  but I have never seen an exact match to the bowl so they may be mismatches.  They match close enough in any case.  Thanks for the sites, the first one i havent time because I am at work and the 2nd one gives me the name of Jobling which iwill search for at home. Ill get a picture so you can see.  Thanks for your help.  The figurine is a flower frog.  Ialways thought that was a wierd word and never heard it used by anybody but an older florist friend of mine.
Dan