Author Topic: Please help me price this Kron lamp.  (Read 2007 times)

Keith

• View Profile
Please help me price this Kron lamp.
« on: July 27, 2009, 03:49:09 pm »
I had ask about this lamp a little while back.I twice listed the lamp on ebay,and had offers that i felt were low.The item ended about a month ago,and I just received an email from someone wanting me to give them a price.I have seen a few of these for sale,but don't know what mine may be worth.The lamp is in perfect condition.Could some one give me any help?I'm only looking for an opinion,nothing written in stone.

Thanks for any help,
God bless,Keith
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:51:34 pm by Keith »
God bless

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Please help me price this Kron lamp.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 05:51:39 pm »
You have a Kron TV Lamp made by Texans Incorporated, 1950's, Howard Kron.  This poodle and pug lamp was made with a white poodle (more common) and black poodle.
Yours has the original collar which is a good thing (is it fraying?).

The prices on this are good (better than when they were bought).  Are they rare? No - but the longer you hold on to one the rarer they get!  Few and far between? Yes.

I have seen them sell from $20 to $200 over the past few years depending on where you are and how much someone wants it.  In fact there is one for sale for $16 right now on the internet. I believe that you had your listed for BEST OFFER $140.  If you got up near $100 I would have grabbed it.

http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/store/VINTAGE-RARE-DOG-POODLE-PUG-TV-LAMP-1950S-L-K_220406478632.html
http://www.shabbytownusa.com/Cart/DisplaySingle.asp?id=11

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

Keith

• View Profile
Re: Please help me price this Kron lamp.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:33:38 pm »
Thanks KC,That being said I believe i will do ok.

Thanks for the help
God bless