Author Topic: 1694 gold antique  (Read 13555 times)

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: 1694 gold antique
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2018, 02:59:18 am »
Y'all are on a roll here!  LOL  I dropped in to the other forum a few times and was treated well.  Just could never get my verification email from the site so that I could have further use of the forum and they didn't respond to requests for assistance in the matter!  :(

All forums have up and down times!
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2018, 03:20:02 am »
Agrees, yeah i remember that you had issues getting verified.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2018, 01:05:11 pm »
Yep jacon4, never been verified to this day!  Nuts!  No moderator ever replied back either!  (you know how moderators are!  LOL)
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2018, 01:17:39 pm »
LOL, You are just NOT BONAFIDE!

Seriously, there are puter  (software) issues over there as well and the software over there is modern, unlike here where the forum program is rather antique but, they have an entire forum category for puter issues and it is used almost EVERYDAY by folks who are having issues. So what does this tell us?

It tells us that antique people, no matter how good or up to date their computer systems are, DO NOT HAVE A CLUE HOW TO OPERATE THEIR OWN SYSTEMS AND ARE MORE OR LESS COMPUTER ILLITERATES!

There, all better now!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:33:40 pm by jacon4 »

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2018, 02:30:41 pm »
Let’s not generalize - Computer Teacher <— here !

PeLady
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2018, 02:36:52 pm »
UHHHH OHHHHH! sorry, do you operate the forum puter system here?

Pelady

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »
LOL Jason,

Ed Elser (dontbe) is the website admin/owner.   Just some of us antiques people do have computer skills.
Plymouth, America's Home Town.

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2018, 02:56:53 pm »
OHHH, OK, yeah, I rest my case! I was talking about the people operating these forum sites, not people in general.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2018, 07:12:55 pm »
Jacon4,, I don`t think you can dig yourself out of this one !!  ;D 
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:15:42 pm by mart »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2018, 01:24:13 am »
Maybe this monster excavator will help Jacon4!  LOLOL

SophieMarie

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2018, 01:34:47 am »
Possibly, but probably not!

Open mouth, put foot in!!!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2018, 02:02:26 am »
By-the-way Jacon4, a member did post a link for me to look at the computer issues and when I pressed on the link it showed up the following note!  I cannot post pics, etc until I get the email verification.  Oh well....
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 02:04:18 am by KC »

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2018, 02:34:28 am »
Well, apparently you are not the only one with this issue! davey, one of the moderators posted this recently & he claims it's not the site.

The forum software automatically sends the request for email confirmation when a new member registers. And if that member ask that another request for confirmation be sent to them because they didn't get the 1st one, then the software automatically sends you another one. Point is - the emails are sent !

But here's the issue - if you didn't get the 1st one, you're not going to get any others either. And this applies to everyone who has this problem.

What happens is this. The emails are being sent to you, but they are simply not getting to you. Why ? There are several possible reasons.
1 - the emails may be in your SPAM folder.
2 - your email provider may be blocking emails from Antiquers because they think the emails are SPAM.
3 - the email program (software) that you use may be blocking emails from Antiquers because that program thinks the emails are SPAM.
4 - you may inadvertently be the reason yourself because of the settings you are using on your email program.
5 - it may be the anti-virus or security software you are using, and or the settings you chose when you set that program up.

Any and all of these may be the reason the emails do not get to you. And not a single one of them have anything to do with Antiquers, nor can the Antiquers staff do anything to correct the problem because quite simply - we do not have any control over any of that.

The only person who can fix the problem is you, the member, the person who is having the problem. And if the problem is being caused by reason #2 or #3 even you can't fix it because you don't have any control over those. But you can fix the problem if any of the other 3 are the cause. And no, I can't help you figure it out - only you have ability to figure it out because only you have access to all the settings you have to check to be able to figure it out.

But what you can do is this - you can choose to use Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo - they all work. Members who use them do not have problems getting emails from Antiquers.

And if you don't like having more than 1 email address to check every day well that's pretty easy to manage too. Just have emails sent to your new email address forwarded to the email address you like to use. Then all your emails end up in one place.

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2018, 02:55:17 am »
KC, You are just NOT BONAFIDE!

So, according to some, what we got here is a bunch of old women, on old equipment, with old forum software who are to old to COMMUNICATE in the modern world!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:17 am »
You are probably right,,but we don`t have problems either !!