Author Topic: Buckbee Brehm Co.  (Read 7202 times)

yellowrose84

• View Profile
Buckbee Brehm Co.
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:02:40 am »
I know they are based here in Minneapolis, MN. I have a beaten up bedroom decor plaque that is small. But on the back it says Hand Colored in the Studios of The Buckbee-Brehm Co. by M. Ralph (he signed it) and all I coud find was that the company was based in Minneapolis, MN and that they had prints in the 1920's. And when I tried to Wiki the company I got nothing and yet on Ebay there are four items currently up for bid and all had words whereas my plaque is hand painted and it's just a design. Does anyone know about Buckbee Brehm Co?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 11:57:37 am by yellowrose84 »

waywardangler

Re: Buckbee Brehm Co.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:44:31 am »
If you Google "Buckbee Brehm Co" all sorts of info pops up.  Something in the first few pages might help you with your plaque.

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 05:59:44 am »
^^^Thanks for replying! :)

Yeah, I tried doing that and I still cannot find the design I have or anything like it. It's not a silouhette and it's not a print/poem with words on it. I don't think this company exists anymore since I cannot find it on Wikipedia or even on a google search for the official site. I am truly stumped. I was just wondering if anyone had heard of the company before. The only reason why I know it was/is based in Minneapolis is from the back of another print from online!  ???

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:26:06 pm »
bump
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 07:44:07 am »
Yellowrose84 your piece appears to me to be a framed antique tile,  From what I can tell  Buckbee Brehm Co  was a  Creative Art Publisher most known for framed  Motto Prints & I did find some books printed by them.  I would guess from the back of your piece they hand colored this tile in their studio for a company that produced the tile. The big question is who produced the tile!!!! I would try to contact www.wellstile.com maybe they could help or point you in the right direction. They also buy antique tile so they may be able to give you an idea on value I have never contacted them so I do not know if they charge a fee. good luck & let us know what you discover!!! :)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:53:31 am by wendy177 »

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:41:11 pm »
Wendy-Thank you so much!~ :D I will absolutely contact them!~ Thanks for doing all that research!!!

yellowrose84

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 06:38:29 pm »
Wendy-http://www.wellstile.com/ had no information on my tile except to say... "Looks like very good workmanship, color separation, etc." -Scott Wells. So I am back to searching. I found another company in Minneapolis, MN that specializes in architectural antiques and on their website they do not have a contact us except for their phone number...so I am calling them tomorrow! Hopefully I can email them the photos and they will be able to recognize the tile.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 06:50:24 pm by yellowrose84 »

wendy177

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 06:32:29 am »
Yellowrose84 thanks for the update!! The company you found in MN sounds promising as they deal with architectural antiques hope they have some info for you!!!! Don't give up the search as many antique tiles bring  high prices you could have something rare if the company did not specialize or color many tiles!!! You could also contact the public library in MN to see if they have a local historian that could help with  tracking info on Buckbee Brehm Co. Also the library may have old records from the company - inventory sheets, order sheets, employees & sometimes people or companies who purchased products that may help in your search. again good luck