Author Topic: 6 legged table - or what ?  (Read 10107 times)

Ellenshar

• View Profile
Re: 6 legged table - or what ?
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 01:58:36 pm »
Well - sister was no help.  Her sister-in-law just remembers getting it from her dad years ago - she thinks he probably got it from either a garage sale or auction, but she has no idea what it is for.

I just stuck a letter opener into between the two pieces on the top.  The back left side of the top is barely held on - was able to lift it about 1/4 inch.  When I lifted it, I could see a long slot running from front to back near the edge - the same direction as to the two slots underneath (which are in the middle).  I was also able to lift the right back side a bit and can see another slot on that edge.  So it definitely has 4 slots.  I think the top will come off pretty easy.

I lifted the back a bit and was able to stick a small piece of wet paper towel in between to clean the dirt off - the top of the bottom piece (sounds confusing) does have stain on it - however, it also has 4 slots drilled through.

I could remove the top piece to refinish it, but the bottom piece would then show the 4 slots.  Oh well!

Mart, I also checked my grandma's hutch - there is no stain underneath it.

mart

• View Profile
Re: 6 legged table - or what ?
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »
Having no stain was common on parts you do not see !!