Antiques! > Antique Questions Forum

Before you ask for advice...

(1/12) > >>

findit:
Please respect the fact that the professionals on this board are busy too.. Please do as much research you can yourself before you ask advice, or for estimates of value.
We want to see your antiques, thats what we are here for! But also give us as much information to work with if you are asking for information. Where, When, What, Dates, etc.

Show everyone that you tried, and everyone will be more inclined to help!

Welcome! Stick around, perhaps you can help answer someone elses question, and learn a thing or two to boot.

bobman:
Thank you for the advice. I should have looked around a little to see how it was done, guess I was in too much of a hurry. I will do my best to come up with more info before I post.
I did attach three pictures but I guess they didn't take.
Again thanks for the advice.
Bob M.

writerB:
I could use a little direction as to the appropriate ways to use this forum.  I have seven totes of my mother-in-law's dishes. Next spring I will be having a garage sale, so before that I need to find out what is garage sale material and what Is too good for that route.  So, first, on some items, I'm needing help identifying and/or pricing.  Others I'm simply interested in putting out there to see if anyone, other than garage sale buffs, might be interested.  As I was packing up her stuff I took photos of most of the items I thought might be of some value so they are available. I'm thrilled to have found this forum but I don't want to misuse it.

KC:
Hi writerB !  I am going to step out and welcome you to the forum!

To find out about your items and the "unofficial" values from the forum members simply select "new topic" and list them one by one with pics and as much background information that you can.

kalweitcajun:

--- Quote from: findit on January 30, 2009, 12:42:43 pm ---Please respect the fact that the professionals on this board are busy too.. Please do as much research you can yourself before you ask advice, or for estimates of value.
We want to see your antiques, thats what we are here for! But also give us as much information to work with if you are asking for information. Where, When, What, Dates, etc.

Show everyone that you tried, and everyone will be more inclined to help!

Welcome! Stick around, perhaps you can help answer someone elses question, and learn a thing or two to boot.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version