Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to sell antique china?  (Read 11978 times)

Monika

• View Profile
Any suggestions on how to sell antique china?
« on: September 02, 2008, 10:54:45 pm »
Hello,

I have an incomplete set of antique china: Washington Pottery Ltd. - Dorchester/Hanley England.

I have got an insurance quote from www.replacements.co m to know the value of each piece I have.

I'm interested in selling it on E-bay. I've contacted antique dealers, otherwise.

I've researched other dishes sold online by the same manufacturer and have noticed them being sold.

Just want an E-bay's expert advice!

Appreciate your help!

Thanks!

LesFex

• View Profile
Re: Any suggestions on how to sell antique china?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 11:56:25 pm »
Why dont you have a look at silkfair.com. People are looking for a lot more than what eBay has to offer. Here SilkFair gets a feature for its attractive options.
http://www.tech2all.com/2008/04/28/silkfair-socialized-web-20-shopping-and-selling/

Altonjohn329

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 12:30:07 am »
We have vintage teacups and saucers for sale listed on Vintage Teacups Page One. They sell out very quickly. We like to keep some of the teacups and saucers we have sold up on our pages, so that we can discuss them with fellow collectors. We like talking about antique china, especially Occupied Japan teacups, which we collect. To see the teacups and china that have been sold, visit Vintage Teacups Page Two.

CollectorsOnlineMall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 09:54:30 pm »
I checked this out on ebay and it is not selling well right now.   The time to sell replacement dishes is before Thanksgiving but with enough time for mail, etc., like in September or early October.

Think about just selling them on Google.   Almost everything I sell in my mall goes through Google Products with no fees.   These are not really high end items and ebay is going to cost you quite a bit in fees if you are selling them separately.  Good luck!