Author Topic: Cedar hope chest or blanket chest / with pictures now  (Read 1329 times)

lb63

• View Profile
Cedar hope chest or blanket chest / with pictures now
« on: April 16, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
I received a cedar hope or blanket chest back in 1982 for a graduation gift.  It was purchased at an auction at our local Masonic Home.   There is a 6664 stamped or engraved on the bottom.  I would like to find out who the manufacturer is, the year it was made and the value of it if I could.  Thank you for any help with this.

measurements are 43 1/2" wide, 17 1/2" front to back and 17" tall.

The front right caster is off I might still have it around, hopefully.

The lock is now broken but used a skeleton key to lock it before it broke.

I have looked up everything I could think of to find any information on this chest and the only thing I was able to find was a link to askthebuilder.com where someone was asking a question about refinishing their chest marked with the number 6664 on the bottom.  Unable to find a picture of this chest also looking at google images.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:44:58 pm by lb63 »

mariok54

• View Profile
Re: Cedar hope or blanket chest
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 12:30:39 pm »
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately without at least one picture it wouldn't be possible to answer any of your questions. Preferably pics of the interior, ironmongery etc. would be great.

waywardangler

Re: Cedar hope or blanket chest
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:32:09 pm »
Please post some pics of the chest from all angles and sides. Hard to tell what you have by the description only.

I see you beat me to this, mario.  :)