Author Topic: Pepsi-Cola bottle value ?  (Read 5580 times)

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
Pepsi-Cola bottle value ?
« on: September 04, 2011, 08:59:31 am »
Hi! :)

Im new to this forum and I only have one question.
My mom gave me this old Pepsi-Cola and she bought it in Norway 40-50 years ago.
It's not opened up and I wonder what it can be worth.

On the front of the bottle it says:

"INGREDIENTS SUGAR, CARBON DIOXIDE, CARAMEL COLOURING, PHOSPHORIC ACID, CAFFEINE, NATURAL FLAVOURINGS, EXTRACT OF COLA NUTS

BOTTLED SCHWEPPES LIMITED LONDON, UNDER APPOINTMENT FROM PEPSICO INC.,PURCHASE,N.Y."

On the top it says the same. But under the bottle it says "2".

Thx !

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
Re: Pepsi-Cola bottle value ?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:52:45 am »
Painted labels are really hot now. I have a lot of books. Let me look. Does it give you a date on the bottom? There is a bottle forum too.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 11:10:12 am by greenacres »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »
thank you for responding!

well, the only thing that is written on the bottom are "2" and a small strange symbol. but I called my mom now, and she believe it is from 1970. and she got it when she was travling. so do you have any idea how much this can be worth ? :)

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 12:45:56 pm »
What size is the bottle ?? 6 oz.?? How tall ??

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 12:48:05 pm »
I wonder if Pepsi might be able to help you...it would be worth contacting them and giving it a shot.  I had an old Heinz mustard bottle and contacted Heinz, and they were kind enough to date & identify it for me.

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 01:37:34 pm »
well its 6 inch tall. but I dont know how much is in the bottle.
ok, thx. maybe I will give them a call !
but if you predict how much it is worth. what do you think?:)

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »
btw, u got link to the bottle forum ?:)

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 04:12:48 pm »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
thx!:)

GreenhornGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »
I'm not an expert on that, but it's looking like unopened Pepsi bottles from the 1980s-1990s sell online for $10-15 ($20 if special edition); I found one 1930s unopened soda bottle for around $50.  So if yours is '60s or '70s my conservative guess would be $30.  But that could be way off because you never know what collectors are willing to spend when it comes down to it, and I'm not finding any unopened Pepsi bottles that seem to be as old in design as yours, so I would strongly recommend you contact Pepsi because the more you know about the piece--the year, the style, etc.--the more you can potentially sell it for.  The fact that yours is unopened is pretty special, in my humble opinon.  Usually they are open and without the caps, yours is in pretty good shape.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:51:36 pm by GreenhornGirl »

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 08:09:14 am »
30$? jesus christ... I will never sell this pepsi for less then 500$ or I dont care :p and I know it is 1970. but yeah, I will contact pepsi. and thank you for helping me !!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2011, 10:59:05 am »
In todays market you will be lucky to get $10.00 !!  Contents make little difference !!  This year I sold about 50 soda bottles that were fairly hard to find, good to ex. condition, and thats  about what most sold for !! 

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2011, 12:26:15 pm »
if so. whats the point selling it? I thought Coke and Pepsi Antiques Market was big today.. I mean 10$? what the hell... who wants to sell anything like this for 10$ ? I can buy a bacon sausage and a coke for the same price in norway. damn. I am was very disappointed right now.. yeye then I will never sell it. if that's the case. but thx anyway.

CuriousCollector

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2011, 12:36:10 pm »
Well, you're not necessarily thinking of it the right terms.  In the 1970s, what did this bottle of Pepsi cost? -- a dime or 25 cents?  Take the 25 cents, and you can say that, at $10, its value has increased FOUR THOUSAND PERCENT since then!  Most antiques don't appreciate that much.

Because Coke and Pepsi are so popular, there are very few things that are worth a fortune (mainly because the market is flooded with fakes and reproductions) -- porcelain signage is usually a good bet.  Even rare bottles aren't going to be worth a whole lot -- I've been eyeing some Coke bottles from the small town where my husband was born, and they are expensive (to me) at $30.  They are also nearly 100 years old, not 40 years old like bottles from the 1970s are.

insiLvKQ

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »
well.. today it is 2011. and if u are going to buy a pepsi in norway today it will cost u 4-5$. and my bottle is very rare, if u can find anything like this on the internet please tell me ! just look at this stupid sign http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEPSI-COLA-BOTTLE-CAP-SIGN-28-1960S-VINTAGE-/170689563736?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bde40c58 . it will cost u 350$!! and my bottle is not opned up... well 30$ for me is nothing.. I am 18 years old and makin 30-40$ at work in one hour. but anyway thx for helping me. but to be honest I can not believe it's true.