Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Antique Questions Forum / Re: Ancient Julius Caesar Coin
« Last post by SophieMarie on Today at 12:49:26 PM »
Ok, Cogar....what's the item in last photo that looks like a wooden paddle?
Antique Questions Forum / Gray & Dudley Washington Furnace
« Last post by Mark4460 on Today at 10:09:32 AM »
I have searched and I'm having trouble finding any information on this stove or value.  As the tag says, it was built by Gray & Dudley Hardware Co.  I've found some sales pamphlets online of different models, but not one that looks like this.  I believe it to be from the 20s, and it can burn coal or wood.  Any info about this stove or the value of it would be appreciated.  Thanks

Sorry about the double post, pictures are on the other posting. 
Antique Questions Forum / Gray & Dudley Washington Furnace
« Last post by Mark4460 on Today at 10:08:57 AM »
I have searched and I'm having trouble finding any information on this stove or value.  As the tag says, it was built by Gray & Dudley Hardware Co.  I've found some sales pamphlets online of different models, but not one that looks like this.  I believe it to be from the 20s, and it can burn coal or wood.  Any info about this stove or the value of it would be appreciated.  Thanks

« Last post by cogar on Today at 06:37:15 AM »
Heck, I might have had one myself. :o

Why of course, Davy Crocket carried a …. a … um, …. um, …. purse, .....especially when he wasa visiting in Texas. Matter of fact, he seldom left home without it. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

But Davie’s purse actually looked more like this one, to wit:

Or this one .......

A traditional flintlock rifle and accessories in the autumn woods.
Contributor: William Ragosta / Alamy Stock Photo
« Last post by SophieMarie on January 18, 2018, 06:52:12 PM »
And naked as a jay bird as my Dad would have said !!  ;D   Made it easy for the muggers !!

Easy for muggers, no way!  One "boink" in the head with the man purse and they would be out cold....
Antique Questions Forum / Re: Age and style of chairs & settee?
« Last post by KC on January 18, 2018, 06:44:46 PM »
Guess I'm just confirming I'm really odd...because I could see this reupholstered and blended in with other pieces in my home!  :)
« Last post by mart on January 18, 2018, 06:41:04 PM »
Well, At least that one is a little more manly Rauville !!  Can`t go wrong with Davy Crockett !!
« Last post by Rauville on January 18, 2018, 05:53:35 PM »
I don`t think there is a man alive in the state of Texas that would be caught carrying a purse !!  At least not in my neighborhood !! But havent been in any major city in a while so things may have changed last few decades !!

Heck, I might have had one myself. :o
https://image.invaluable.com/housePhotos/AuctioneeersInc/80/614880/H8491-L129602642.jpg
« Last post by mart on January 18, 2018, 03:28:09 PM »
And naked as a jay bird as my Dad would have said !!  ;D   Made it easy for the muggers !!
Antique Questions Forum / Re: Age and style of chairs & settee?
« Last post by mart on January 18, 2018, 03:21:39 PM »
Thats right Jacon4 !!  It would look really odd in homes of today !!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10