Author Topic: Koenig Brothers information?  (Read 6021 times)

lopewina

• View Profile
Koenig Brothers information?
« on: May 18, 2013, 05:54:28 pm »
Hi all,
Looking for information about the Koenig Brothers who seemed to have created many religious items in the early 1900s. I'd really like to know where they were based, who they were, etc... as I have a few "sick call" boxes, a crucifix, and a rosary box that all say Koenig Brothers on them followed by a date (1912, 1904). In searching myself I came up with many different Koenig Brothers and nothing that would point me in a definite direction.
Thanks for any and all information!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 06:53:20 pm by lopewina »

mart

• View Profile
Re: Koenig Brothers information?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »
Still looking !!  Can you take a good clear pic of the name ?? Noticed another of their items that had a copyright date,, but they didn`t show it,, does yours have one ??  Anything written will help !!

lopewina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:18:15 pm »
One definitely says Koenig Bros. 1912. I'll borrow a better camera and will post a photo of the copyright. Thanks.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 06:11:08 pm »
Great !!

MadEd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 11:02:01 am »
I have information about the Koenig Brothers because Jacob Koenig was my great grandfather. He was born in Germany (Bavaria, the Catholic part of Germany) in 1862 and lived in Jersey City, NJ, where he married my great grandmother in 1894. Not long ago, I found that he had a registered patent: http://www.google.com/patents/USD24727 From the family lore, upon arrival in the USA, he started selling religious items door to door and started a company, Koenig Brothers. I understand that the company grew to be quite successful. About 6 months ago, while doing my Ancestry research, I came across one of the wooden boxes with a statue at the top and the scrolling stations of the cross on Etsy. I bought it although it wasn't in very good condition. I think the Koenig Brothers items are quite rare because I have searched from time to time. My siblings and I are rotating the Koenig Brothers box among our homes. There's more to the family lore, and I will ask my older sister. I am happy to hear that you are interested in the Koenig Brothers.     

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 01:08:40 pm »
 Welcome to the forum MadEd !!  Wish this person had come back but we never heard more after this post !!  You might try emailing if they added the address to the profile !!   These were very interesting and as I was looking I found several of these items for sale and in good condition !!  Excellent you are researching it !!

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 07:17:52 pm »
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 07:34:28 pm »
Look under "Koenig Altar Scrolls or Boxes". You will see a lot of them.They haven't sold for that much.

http://www.hydroponicsonline.com/store/Antique-HOLY-NAME-ALTAR-Last-Rites-Sick-Call-BOX-Pieta_300534969850.html. They haven't sold for that much.

" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

mcivel123

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 09:16:38 am »
I have a 1904 Koenig Brother last rites box, the candles, cotton, silver plate, empty holy water bottle are all still in the back, the scroll is also in tact. I am interested in maybe possibly selling it, tho I have had it all of my life.