Author Topic: Need help identifying unusual figurine  (Read 1182 times)

daspackrat

• View Profile
Need help identifying unusual figurine
« on: June 16, 2009, 08:24:12 am »
I wanted to share a figurine with you that my wife and I came across. We're trying to determine the artist, age, value. It seems 'familiar' to us but we can't put a name or individual to the work. I've been checking our reference material and on the Internet. There is just something about the piece. We found it in a box as part of a garage sale we bought out about a year ago. On the head I think that there were two little golden 'horns' that have been broken off, as shown in the close-ups. The work seems to us to be older, maybe from the 40's, possibly earlier. It's about 3" high and 2 3/4" from toe-tip to to-tip.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:27:15 am by daspackrat »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Need help identifying unusual figurine
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 06:25:56 pm »
Interestingly enough I have 4 figurines similar....they were made in the 50's....by NAPCO.  Apparantly not a top collectors item.  I haven't been able to find any more information about them and have been looking for years. 

They each have a name (of the figurine) and generally a date on them.  Usually has a foil label for NAPCO.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

daspackrat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 08:46:51 pm »
Hey, KC. The Napco figurines that I'm familiar with look more like Hummel figurines. I'd really be interested in seeing your four. Can you share some photos?
daspackrat

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 02:11:22 pm »
Just to make it easier I am bringing my post back up on the forum - look at NAPCO figurines.
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!