Author Topic: Niemann Table Co.  (Read 8789 times)

amanda_in5

• View Profile
Niemann Table Co.
« on: June 01, 2009, 09:02:23 am »
I don't know if anyone can help me or not but my mom has what I think is a buffet table made by Niemann Table Company. I have looked everywhere on the internet and have had no luck in finding this company. Here are a few pics. If you have any information at all, it would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:46:16 am by amanda_in5 »

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
Re: Nieman Table Co.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:32:58 am »
I guess this is one where my eyes are deceiving me....I blew up the logo and it sure seems cramped to say Neiman Table Company.  Could you please make a closer/clearer pic?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

cogar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 03:18:16 am »
I have always referred to that style of furniture with the stretcher base and leg design as Depression furniture. They were most probably sold as a matched set, in many designs and shapes, containing a dining room table, chairs, china cabinet and the buffet.

amanda_in5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52:30 am »
I guess this is one where my eyes are deceiving me....I blew up the logo and it sure seems cramped to say Neiman Table Company.  Could you please make a closer/clearer pic?

I'm sorry I originally mispelled the name it has 2 n's.  The reason the the logo looked cramped is because the word Nieman get's smaller at the end and goes above the word table which starts out smaller and underneath the word Niemann.

I have been able to find a few things but not much I guess the company was started by H.C. Niemann & Co.

D&b antiques

• View Profile
Re: Niemann Table Co.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:08:44 am »
Henry Niemann co. worked from 1890 to 1929 as cogar spoke depression furniture. of low and mid quality furniture.

amanda_in5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 09:26:35 am »
Henry Niemann co. worked from 1890 to 1929 as cogar spoke depression furniture. of low and mid quality furniture.

Any clue at all of the round about value of it???

Tim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 10:06:21 am »
Looks to be in decent shape. Closeups could determine more. Area of the country and type of selling determine value. At live auction in the midwest, $200 on a good day.

amanda_in5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 11:06:03 am »
Looks to be in decent shape. Closeups could determine more. Area of the country and type of selling determine value. At live auction in the midwest, $200 on a good day.

Hey thanks alot!