Author Topic: 1694 gold antique  (Read 13435 times)

Rauville

• View Profile
Re: 1694 gold antique
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 06:26:20 pm »
I think it's obvious that this piece requires a "hands on" look by someone familiar with "early gold jewelry". Have you contacted a knowledgeable auction company?

I have no idea if the following auction house could help you.
http://cairoauctionhouse.com/14-jewellery-watches

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 03:15:00 pm »
hat bracelet is a gift from francesco morosini to our grandmother before 300+ years ago.
we own it since that time, it is registered antique at my ministry of antiquities in egypt.

Well lets see, 300 years ago and your grandmother ??  That would make you at least 150 years old or more !!

At least let us see the registry papers !! You can cover the name as was said above !!

Why would Egypt be concerned with an Italian antiquity ??    Simple,, it isn`t !!  The Ministry of Antiquities only has authority if the antiques in question are from Egypt or related to Egypt !! They could care less about something made in Italy !!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:24:25 pm by mart »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 04:57:46 pm »
English is clearly not the poster's first language, so misusing "grandmother" doesn't bother me as much as misstating the mission of the Ministry of Antiquities in Egypt, which is exactly as Mart stated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_State_of_Antiquities

They don't care about something made in Italy. They've got their hands full with Egyptian stuff.

This post looks like a "price fishing" expedition for an object of questionable authenticity.
"I collect antiques because they're beautiful."

-Broderick Crawford

jacon4

• collector/ student of early american furniture
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 05:15:17 pm »
This post looks like a "price fishing" expedition for an object of questionable authenticity.

Yep, I'd say that's probably correct. Was hanging around hoping OP would engage a bit more but the old woman ran him off! :o

SophieMarie

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 06:27:57 pm »

Was hanging around hoping OP would engage a bit more but the old woman ran him off! :o

Which old woman are you referring to Jacon?

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 07:44:29 pm »

Yep, I'd say that's probably correct. Was hanging around hoping OP would engage a bit more but the old woman ran him off! :o

LOL !! Well evidently I ran you off as well !!  Must be getting good at it !!  Where have you been lately ??
Yes this is a fishing post,, but we didn`t bite !!  Same problem here,, I go fishing but they don`t bite !!

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 08:17:12 pm »
The thing that gets me is I am old and my grandmother lived to 100. Hmmmm longevity in this family?!?
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 04:43:28 am »
Which old woman are you referring to Jacon?

LOL, the one sitting on her stump! aka Mart!

Where have i been? I been around, not much furniture to post on though, more or less junk on both forums.

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 09:28:22 am »
Ahhhh,, the forum is back to normal !! 

My Grandmother was 102 when she died !!  At that rate just think how long I can irritate Jacon4 !!

freesoul

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 04:24:23 pm »
English is clearly not the poster's first language, so misusing "grandmother" doesn't bother me as much as misstating the mission of the Ministry of Antiquities in Egypt, which is exactly as Mart stated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ministry_of_State_of_Antiquities

They don't care about something made in Italy. They've got their hands full with Egyptian stuff.

yes, English is not my first language
The Ministry of State of Antiquities is the Egyptian government organization which serves to protect and preserve the heritage and ancient history of Egypt... also it give you the ability to register any foreign antiques that you own !!

anyway, i didn't try to sell it online here on that forum guys !!.. 
i only asked for some help & some information !!
also please don't keep asking about documents, because i will not post any paper public on the forum !!

so just i will be very grateful if anybody can give me more information about the evaluation !!

thank you!

mart

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:48 pm »
In that case I suggest you hire an appraiser !!  We can not document its authenticity without seeing the papers on it !!  We can not even certify that it is gold without proper papers on it !!  We could care less about your family,,we have enough problems with ours !!  Just because it may be that old,, that does not translate into value !!  Value is what someone is willing to pay for an item !!  Not sure anyone would want this one and most do not have finances enough to buy something that can not be used !!

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 07:32:48 am »
TOTALLY off thread but someone got banned on other forum and NO ONE will tell me what happened! I don't know why but every time there is drama like this i am MIA, it's a CONSPIRACY! i say! Any one here know what happened on other forum?

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2018, 07:57:51 am »
Was it King of Things? No idea.

I stopped posting there because of rudeness from a couple of regulars (NOT King of Things, who seems like a jovial sort). One of them seems to have stopped posting. Anyway, the vast majority are good folks, but you know what they say about a couple of bad apples.

This is supposed to be fun, so when people start acting like ****s, I'm out.

-Broderick Crawford

jacon4

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2018, 08:06:09 am »
Yes, it was king of things, totally weird why everything is so secret. Isn't sure if he was banned or just removed profile but SOMETHING happened!  I miss things like this because i fall into not posting or reading because nothing of interest for me, same as here.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:09:10 am by jacon4 »

ghopper1924

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2018, 08:18:41 am »
Yeah, so weird, especially for someone who was such a core member and whose posts seem to have mostly consisted of puns and jokes.

I guess if you're not there all the time, then you'll miss the "interesting" things.

-Broderick Crawford