Author Topic: A Antique Franks Pale Dry Serving Tray??  (Read 2420 times)

windasm

• View Profile
A Antique Franks Pale Dry Serving Tray??
« on: March 04, 2010, 04:59:22 pm »
While tearing down a old house I found a old tin tray. It's red in color and says Franks Pale Dry Ginger Ale. It was kind of rough and I thought it might be worth a few bucks so I took it to a near by Antique Dealer.

I could tell right away he was a dying for it. After talking to him a bit he said the value depended on who was wanting it. He said he has seen a few go from 600 to 1200 in estate auctions and usually the rougher the better. He offered me 500 for it on the spot and I'm like well I may just want to hang on to it if its worth that much.

He wouldn't tell me much about the history on it and I was wondering if somebody on here could tell me in case I tried to sell it some where else.

Thanks

waywardangler

Re: A Antique Franks Pale Dry Serving Tray??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 05:01:27 pm »
Pics to determine condition would help immensely.

waywardangler

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 05:13:45 pm »
This one on ebay sold January 3, 2010 for $9.99 + $11 shipping but the image is gone (1940's Frank's Pale Dry Ginger Ale Tray, Near Mint #330390270506).  There is a very rough one on craigslist in Berea (KY?) and the seller is looking for offers.  It appears to date from the 1940-50s.  I think I would have sold it for 5 bills if it was a legitimate offer to buy.  IMO rougher is not better when it comes to advertising trays such as this.  The whole point in having it is to see the advertising graphics and the rougher (aka rustier) they are, the harder it is to display for the graphics.

KC

• Forever Blessed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:18:03 pm »
Franks of Philadelphia produced this Ginger Ale in the 1930's.

http://www.gono.com/v-tours/sodacone/scone21franks.htm
I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Manners/Accent/Charm as a weakness!

waywardangler

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 05:24:17 pm »
Kovel's website listed this one selling in 1998...Category Advertising Pattern or Item Tray Description Frank's Pale Dry Ginger Ale, Lithograph Of Bottle, 1930s Year 1998 Price $55.00.  No condition listed.