Author Topic: 5II stamped on the bottom of an end table. What does that mean?  (Read 1259 times)

jala727

My sister asked me to sell this table at my garage sale last weekend, but I completely feel in love with the table and never it made it to my garage. Anyway, the foundation is very sturdy and the finish is in rough shape. It also has a stamp on the bottom that is 5II. Does anyone know where this table might of came from? Would it be wise to refinish an antique item to its original condition?  How do I put a value on something like this? My neighbor collects a lot of antiques, and mentioned that it possibly came from The Bombay company, but looking at this closely the crackle top finish feels like thin leather and it's very detailed. Thanks for your help!

Also, there are more close up photos on this site http://s1035.photobucket.com/albums/a434/jala727/End%20Table/

I did post this a few days ago, but being a newbie I don't think I did it right!

mart

• View Profile
Re: 5II stamped on the bottom of an end table. What does that mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 05:05:18 pm »
The number is just the style number for that piece. Did you read the posts from your earlier posting ??  Looks like you did it all correctly.