Author Topic: Antique Dresser with Mirror questions (dark wood)  (Read 4562 times)

switzersweet

• View Profile
Re: Antique Dresser with Mirror questions (dark wood)
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 09:53:53 am »
 ;D beautiful dresser.wish you were closer.......it would bring 150 to 250 around my parts......lovely piece

talesofthesevenseas

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 10:37:06 am »
What a lovely dresser! I'm with the others that it looks to date to the late 19th century. Your aunt probably got it from her parents. If you look closely at those slotted screws, the slots aren't perfectly centered. That's a good thing. It's a sign of old screws, which had to be slotted one by one before they could be mass produced. This is really a neat dresser with lots of personality. I hope you will keep it in your family and treasure it, it's wonderful! The mirror looks to me like it is from a later set, maybe one of the "waterfall" dressers from the forties?
Antiqueaholic in recovery

slipkid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 01:19:46 pm »
Thanks again for all the comments.

Unfortunately right now I am in severe financial distress and trying to find anything I have of value that I can sell - thus I was trying to figure out the scoop on this dresser, if it was worth anything, & how to go about selling it.  As much as I like it and would like to keep it I am going to have to try to sell it.