Author Topic: My $2.00 find ....  (Read 6137 times)

sapphire

• Without direction, we are lost.
    • View Profile
Re: My $2.00 find ....
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 09:32:13 am »
Sapphire it's beautiful. Lucky friend! Here's a better picture. Rainy yucky day today. Hope it inspires a new pattern. ;D

I know my limited skill would nix the wreath for sure  :D It's lovely greenacres! There are somethings I would set everything else aside for just to have.......don't think there's too much in my house I wouldn't pass on just to have a window or two like that.

I wonder if the was a specific reason for the wreath? 

These are the types of windows I grew up being entranced with.....

Kimmienemo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 09:58:17 am »
I love them.  The colors are so intense!  I love the frames, too.  (The framing of stained glass will be my next challenge!  I have all the tools, but need to work on the skills!  The cost of buying the pre-made framing material is RIDICULOUS!)
It is better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool,
than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

greenacres

• ❤❤❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »
Beautiful! I love them. The colors are so bright! Kimmie expensive is right. My husband is a builder and he xcomplains about prices of material. I once thought the wreath was from the federal time period, but it could be just decoration.
" Energy and Persistence conquer all things."

bigwull

• lick you to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 06:43:09 pm »
I love them.  The colors are so intense!  I love the frames, too.  (The framing of stained glass will be my next challenge!  I have all the tools, but need to work on the skills!  The cost of buying the pre-made framing material is RIDICULOUS!)
Kimmie...when it comes to making frames for glass...your most important tool will be a router...and a router table...which we call a spindle machine over here..then if you have a mitre saw...there will be no stopping you.....the thickness of glass used is usually 4mm float, then you have to factor in the thickness of the lead that will be at the edge...but most diy leaded glass makers that i,ve seen over here cut the lead short from the edge...approx 5mm...that way when you come to router the frame the depth of the channel is 5mm x 5mm  this extra 1mm on the width allows you to bed the glass in using linseed putty...or you can use butyl....if you need any more info...don,t hesitate...
I make no excuses,and no apologies....but i like a good Malt,