+  Antique-shop.com
|-+  Antiques!» Antique Questions Forum» Antique Marquette Welder From 1968
Username:
Password:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antique Marquette Welder From 1968  (Read 4242 times)
karakena

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2009, 12:40:02 PM »

HI, I have a Marquette Arc Welder model 350 BBT,from 1968 & was told it worked 15 years ago when it was last used and am trying to find out what the actual value of it is in non-working & working condition. Thanks for any informaiton
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 12:50:38 PM by karakena » Logged
syl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 01:02:28 PM »

Looks pretty old to be from 1968. Well used anyway. But I don't think it qualifies as an antique. If it doesn't work at all it's not worth much of anything. If it does work you might get $50-$100 for it. There is a Marquette Model 24 Redi-Spot Power Pack welder that looks to be about the same age on ebay with a asking bid of $19.95 on it. Good luck.
KC

Forever Blessed!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 02:22:10 PM »

FYI - Antique is something that is over 100 years old.

Looks well used.  Agree with Syl....need to know if it works....or sell it for parts.

I'm from the South - but please don't mistake my Southern Charm as a weakness!
regularjoe2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »

One thing about these old Marquette buzz-boxes is that they had few moving parts -usually just the power switch (except for the belt-drive units) and a low failure rate .

If all else fails , you can recycle the copper from it's massive coils & leads .

Modern welders have pretty much superceded these old fellas (they're safer , more portable/versatile & so on) .

Perhaps a collector would want your item (it's pretty darn hevi-duty) , but shipping costs would be really prohibitive .... and I'd guess that they'd want a working unit ( who knows , maybe you could sell it for parts , if it's 'dead' , like KC said ...) .
syl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 05:17:46 PM »

Are you sure it's from 1968? Looks a lot older than that to me. It looks like it's on wheels with a handle to pull it around. That would be handy.
karakena

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

I was told according to the serial number it is from 1968, but others have told me that it is from the 30's or 40's
syl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:00:58 PM »

That sounds more like it. There might be people out there that collect this sort of thing. The problem is trying to find them. I would start by listing it on your local craigslist and see what happens. No shipping if its local. The next problem is how much to ask for it.
GraySky

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 06:27:39 PM »

My Dad had a welder that looked just like that!  He's no longer living so i can't ask him about it and I don't know what my brother did with all of that stuff.  My dad's welder had to have been at least that old, probably older. I think it had belonged to his dad before that.  I hope you are able to find the info you need for it.
regularjoe2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »

karakena , perhaps you could solve the 'age' mystery by emailing lincolnelectric.com - someone there would be sure to know about it's age ; make sure to include any/all model , serial #'s , etc .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: